Saturday, January 19, 2013

Does this animal REALLY exist? Rachel (5-405)

A duck-billed koala
      One day in science club with Mr. Arroyo I was looking for an animal to research. I came across this photograph of a duck-billed koala. It was on the endangered species list. I thought it was an interesting animal but when I tried to find information about it, all I could find was information about the platypus. The plural for platypus is 'platypie.' Bet you didn't know that! 
      I kind of felt disappointed and began to think that it was fake. The duck-billed koala didn't exist. Someone decided to take the head of a duck and place it on the body of a koala. I realized that the eyes don't look like a koala's eyes but duck eyes. 

Sometimes the internet can fool you! Not everything is what it seems! Do you think this animal is real?

1 comment:

  1. This story is very entertaining Rachel. I can see how you were fooled by that photograph.

    ReplyDelete