Thursday, December 13, 2012

All about ELL Academy

ELL Academy is an after school program at P.S. 46. There are several different classes for students who are English language learners. Students meet every Tuesday and Thursday from 3.30 to 5.30pm.
   In Mr. Murray's group there are 21 students from the fifth grade. Here is what they would like you to know about the program. 
Why is ELL Academy important?
Bianca (5-410) says "ELL academy is important because I can learn new things. Also because my teacher teaches me things that I don't know." Angel from class 4/5-413 said, "I think ELL Academy is good for me because it's going to help me with my reading and writing. It's also going to help me get ready for the math and ELA exams." Jordany from class 5-411 agrees and says "In my opinion, the important thing about ELL Academy is that it's going to help me pass and get into sixth grade." Kevin in class 5-410 stated that it teaches him new strategies to help him learn. Adan Jimenez (5-410) says that the program helps him learn more English.
What do you learn?
Jose A.(5-410) states that he reads passages, answers questions and resolves problems. Francisco (5-410) learned how to preview a text and the importance of asking questions when we read.

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment