Thursday, December 13, 2012

The Amazing Tony Hawk by Isaac (4/5-513)

Tony Hawk showing his skills.
When I was in second grade I discovered an amazing skateboarder called Tony Hawk.  I told my Mom to buy me a skateboard and I practiced at Poe park. I learned different tricks. Now I'm in fifth grade and I still have the same skateboard. It's blue with a skeleton on it. I wear arm pads when I skate.

Tony Hawk was born on May 12, 1968. His nickname is the Birdman. Tony Hawk's full name is Anthony Frank Hawk. He is an American professional skateboarder and actor. He is pretty tall at 6 feet 3 inches. He weighs 170 lbs.

On July 27, 1999 Birdman was the first skater to successfully do a trick with two and a half mid air revolutions on a skateboard. Tony hawk was successful on his eleventh attempt.

  
In 1988 Tony Hawk and others started a tour across the country featuring freestyle motocross, skateboarding and BMX. It started in Las Vegas, Nevada and traveled to 31 cities around the United States. They even visited Six Flags amusement parks. Tony hawk married Erin Lee in 1996.

Skateboarding is a little dangerous if you don't wear a helmet but people should try skateboarding because it's great fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment